The Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI), consisting of Canadian Produce Advertising and marketing Affiliation (CPMA), GS1 Canada, GS1 US, Worldwide Recent Produce Affiliation (IFPA) and its many volunteer trade members, has launched a brand new working group titled, Enhancing Traceability By means of Know-how, to assist the trade put together for traceability implementation and handle the pending necessities for part 204 of the Meals Security Modernization Act’s (FSMA) Proposed Rule for Meals Traceability. Particulars in regards to the workgroup might be discovered through the redesigned PTI website, which was lately enhanced to higher serve the rising wants of the produce trade at the moment and into the longer term.
“We’re coming into a brand new period for produce traceability,” mentioned PTI Management Council co-chair Tim York. “Because the trade seeks to adjust to the brand new rule it was important that the PTI take into account how greatest to attain compliance within the quick and long run.”
“To arrange the trade for traceability implementation success, the PTI management introduced trade collectively to think about what future implementation may embrace,” mentioned Steve Roosdahl, PTI Management Council co-chair. “That analysis resulted within the institution of the Enhancing Traceability By means of Know-how Working Group that seeks to supply greatest practices for leveraging the instruments and applied sciences that allow environment friendly information seize, premise identification and information sharing, which proceed to evolve.”
The brand new working group will concentrate on three core areas:
- Develop information sharing greatest practices
- Examine a possible repository for lot quantity definition schemas
- World Location Quantity (GLN)
- Evaluation GS1 international GLN steering and take into account North American trade necessities
- Develop training, as wanted
- Subsequent Technology Information Carriers for PTI Label
- Evaluation current Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) steering and decide particular wants for the produce trade
- Examine the potential of two-dimensional (2D) barcodes on PTI Labels
Working group contributors, together with greater than 50 members of the sponsoring organizations, will collaborate to offer produce traceability steering and help trade in implementation choices.