PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) – The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors has accepted a brand new small enterprise advocacy program that may think about supporting native companies with a smaller variety of workers get the assistance they want to reach our modern-day financial system.
Greater than 95% of Arizona’s companies have fewer than 100 workers and but county residents spend greater than $750 million on items, companies, and development. Officers say that the brand new program’s objective is to assist small and native companies present Maricopa County departments with items and companies not coated by present contracts with a one-time estimated price of lower than $100,000.
“A part of what makes Maricopa County’s financial system so profitable are the thriving small companies that present recreation, items, and companies,” stated Board of Supervisors Chairman Invoice Gates, District 3. Companies will be capable of certify contained in the county’s E-procurement platform known as “Periscope S2G” the next necessities to qualify for this system:
- Independently owned and operated
- Not dominant within the subject
- In operation longer than a 12 months
- Places solely in Maricopa County or areas out and in of Maricopa County so long as location accounts for at the least 50% of gross sales or 50% of workers
- Fewer than 100 workers
- Not more than $4 million in annual gross receipts in its final fiscal 12 months
- Present on all County taxes
- In good standing with AZDOR and all different regulatory companies inside Arizona
“Small companies are the heartbeat of Maricopa County’s financial system, and I imagine the motion taken by our Board of Supervisors will straight improve alternatives for small and native companies and have good, long-term outcomes for our financial system,” stated Kevin Tyne, Director of the Workplace of Procurement Providers.
For extra info, companies are being requested to achieve out to Sara Stafford by emailing Sara.Stafford@Maricopa.gov
Copyright 2022 KTVK/KPHO. All rights reserved.