Vermont is on the sting of historical past because the state prepares to ship a lady to Congress for the primary time, there is a aggressive Republican gubernatorial race in Wisconsin and a brand new member of Congress will likely be elected in Minnesota within the particular election to switch the late Rep. Jim Hagedorn.
In Minnesota, Democratic Gov. Tim Walz faces solely marginal competitors for renomination, and he’ll probably face vaccine skeptical physician and former GOP state Sen. Scott Jensen in November. Jensen’s prime challengers dropped out after he received the celebration’s endorsement on the state conference in Could.
And there are a variety of Home primaries — with each Democratic Reps. Ilhan Omar and Betty McCollum going through main challengers in Minnesota.
In Connecticut, Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal and Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont are up for reelection however unopposed of their primaries. There will likely be a Republican main within the fifth Congressional District, and each Democratic and Republican primaries for Secretary of State.
How one can comply with CNN’s election protection
What time do polls shut?
- In Vermont, polls shut at 7 p.m. ET. Mail-in ballots are on account of clerk’s workplaces by shut of enterprise on August 8 or to the polling place by shut of polls on August 9.
- In Connecticut, polls shut at 8 p.m. ET. Mail-in ballots have to be returned in-person by August 8 or by mail by ballot shut on August 9.
- In Minnesota, polls shut at 9 p.m. ET. Mail-in ballots have to be returned by hand by 3 p.m. on August 9 or by mail by ballot shut on August 9.
- In Wisconsin, polls shut at 9 p.m. ET. Mail-in ballots are due by shut of polls on August 9.
CNN has quite a few election-related assets obtainable to readers:
- 5 things to watch in Tuesday’s primaries in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Vermont and Connecticut: Primaries within the Higher Midwest on Tuesday will set the stage for 2 main governor’s races, as Republicans in Wisconsin and Minnesota choose their nominees to tackle these states’ Democratic incumbents in November.
- Vermont Democrats face historic decision in open-seat House primary: Vermont’s designation as the one state to by no means ship a lady to Congress is poised to be dashed in November, with state Senate President Professional Tempore Becca Balint and Lt. Gov. Molly Grey main the Democratic main for the state’s at-large House seat.
- These are Tuesday’s key House races: Along with a high-profile US Senate race in Wisconsin and gubernatorial contests in all 4 states, there are a variety of US Home primaries to look at as Democrats struggle to defend their four-seat majority and Republicans look to broaden the taking part in subject with the bulk of their sights.