Every fiscal yr (FY) the U.S. Division of Homeland Safety (DHS), Workplace of Small and Deprived Enterprise Utilization (OSDBU), as a part of the Small Enterprise Outreach Program, just about conducts ten periods of 15-minute pre-arranged conferences with small companies. VOS gives small companies with a platform to debate their capabilities, study DHS procurements, and enormous enterprise subcontracting and partnering alternatives. 4 of the periods are solely reserved for women-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, small deprived (together with 8(a)) and HUBZone small companies. These Vendor Outreach Periods (VOS) are performed by DHS Small Enterprise Specialists (SBS) from every operational contracting element and enormous companies (“counselors”). The subsequent DHS VOS, which is scheduled for October 20, 2022, is open to all small companies. Check with the DHS VOS FY 2023 Schedule to view or obtain the calendar and skim the Small Enterprise Vendor Outreach Periods directions fastidiously.
Efficient October 1, 2022, there are vital adjustments to the VOS Program:
- Small companies might be matched to counselors by North American Trade Classification System (NAICS) Codes or core competencies. There isn’t a longer a “first come, first served” method to VOS conferences.
- After being matched by the scheduling system, small companies should request conferences with the advisors. Assembly requests may be requested as much as three enterprise days after every VOS opens.
- The assembly request might be reviewed, and the advisors will resolve if the request meets present functionality want. After acceptance, a gathering affirmation electronic mail might be despatched to the small enterprise to incorporate a hyperlink to the digital assembly info.
- Small companies with confirmed conferences will be capable of view their assembly dashboard within the DHS Vendor Outreach Scheduling System.
- Small enterprise with no affirmation electronic mail or a confirmed assembly within the dashboard don’t have a gathering scheduled and won’t be able to take part in VOS for that particular month.
- Assembly areas are nonetheless restricted.
NOTE: All small companies which have beforehand registered to take part in VOS should replace their profile to finish extra obligatory fields. For instance, NAICS Codes and a functionality assertion are actually required. Some companies might have to re-register.
Every profile should embody a legitimate electronic mail deal with appropriate with varied digital assembly instruments (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Groups, WebEx, and so forth.). If connectivity points happen utilizing the digital VOS hyperlinks offered, count on to conduct the session telephonically. There are some DHS elements that aren’t capable of entry sure digital instruments. In these situations, Microsoft Groups would be the most well-liked instrument.
There isn’t a charge for VOS. Please report any charge associated inquiries and any questions concerning the VOS program to OSDBU.VOS@hq.dhs.gov.