The 2022 Politics In The Park occasion is scheduled for Tuesday from 6 to eight p.m. on the Lakeland Chamber of Commerce.
The free occasion is a chance for the group to interact native, state and federal political candidates. Candidates and marketing campaign employees will probably be accessible for questions at their cubicles, and every candidate will probably be given an opportunity to discuss their targets. It’ll happen on the inexperienced surrounding the Chamber constructing, 35 Lake Morton Drive, Lakeland. Some roads surrounding the constructing will probably be closed for the occasion.
In case you missed it:C.C. ‘Doc’ Dockery, Lakeland businessman and Republican adviser, dies at 89
Attendees will be capable to take part in a straw ballot in the course of the occasion, run by Supervisor of Elections Lori Edwards. Children will even be capable to take part in their very own straw ballot supplied by Lakeland City Commissioner Sara Roberts McCarley with the Randy Roberts Basis.
Candidates who’ve confirmed they are going to attend are:
- U.S. Congress District 11: Daniel Webster.
- U.S. Congress District 15: Kelli Stargel, Laurel Lee and Kevin “Mac” McGovern.
- US Congress District 18: Scott Franklin and Wendy Schmelling.
- Florida Senate District 12: Colleen Burton and Veysel Dokur.
- Florida Home District 50: Jennifer Canady and Phillip Walker.
- Florida Home District 51: Josie Tomkow.
- Polk County Fee District 4: Martha Santiago and Markeisha Smith.
- Polk County Faculty Board District 3: Sarah Fortney and Rick Nolte.
- Polk County Faculty Board District 5: Terry Clark and Kay Fields.
- Polk County Faculty Board District 6: Justin Sharpless and Sara Estelle Jones.
- Polk County Faculty Board District 7: Lisa Miller, Dell Quary and Jill Classes.
- Polk County Choose – John Flynn, Carmalita Lall, Ruth Knight, Adam Patton and Tara Wheat.