Suburban Prepare dinner County is now in a “medium” threat degree for COVID transmission, based on the realm well being officers.
The Prepare dinner County Division of Public Well being issued an alert Friday afternoon saying “a rise within the variety of constructive instances” lifted the county to the second-highest threat degree, as designated by the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention.
Although the county was not listed on the CDC’s most recent county-by-county transmission risk update, CCDPH mentioned its metrics as of Thursday point out suburban parts are beneath the “medium” threat degree. The county on Thursday reported 210 instances per 100,000 residents within the final seven days.
The designation means aged or immunocompromised people are urged to put on masks in public indoor areas, however well being officers now suggest residents:
- put on a masks indoors to guard these at excessive threat for extreme sickness from a COVID an infection together with adults over the age of fifty, these with underlying medical situations, and the immunocompromised
- socialize open air if potential and avoiding poorly ventilated indoor settings
- get examined earlier than attending a household or public occasion. House exams are perfect for this function
- contact your physician immediately to get remedy for COVID if you’re identified
- get any COVID-19 vaccine boosters that you’re eligible for
In response to the CDC’s newest replace Friday, two other Chicago-area counties were also under the medium risk category.
Lake County was added this week and DuPage County rose to the extent final week and remained there as soon as extra this week.
Along with DuPage and Lake counties, Champaign, McLean and Logan counties in Illinois are additionally listed beneath the CDC’s “medium” transmission threat degree.
The remainder of Illinois remained at a low degree, based on the CDC.
In locations with low neighborhood transmission, residents are inspired to remain updated with COVID vaccines and boosters, and maintained improved air flow all through indoor areas when potential.
As of Friday, no communities have been mentioned to be experiencing excessive transmission.
Counties that do attain a excessive neighborhood degree are urged to reinstate mask-wearing for all people indoors no matter vaccination standing and to think about avoiding non-essential indoor actions.
Illinois well being officers reported 24,646 new COVID-19 cases over the past week, along with 46 additional deaths. That is a rise in instances, however a lower in deaths from this time final week.