October 7, 2021
Hackensack Meridian Well being, New Jersey’s largest and most built-in well being community, is proud to announce that a number of board and group members have been named to the ROI Influencers: People of Color 2021 List.
“As the biggest well being community in New Jersey, in one of the numerous states within the nation, Hackensack Meridian Well being is dedicated to constructing a extra numerous, equitable and inclusive atmosphere that displays the communities we serve,” mentioned Robert C. Garrett, FACHE, CEO, Hackensack Meridian Well being. “We’re extremely pleased with our numerous and proficient leaders, in addition to our efforts to diversify our workforce and board illustration. Equally vital, we’re deeply dedicated to serving to remove unacceptable gaps in well being consequence based mostly on race and ethnicity.’’
We’re devoted to reworking the supply of care in New Jersey and past by guaranteeing everybody has entry to high-quality, inexpensive, compassionate, culturally-competent care.”
Every year, ROI-NJ, a number one enterprise publication in New Jersey, acknowledges influential folks of colour from industries throughout the state. The next Hackensack Meridian Well being board members and group members have been acknowledged on the ROI Influencers: Individuals of Colour 2021 Record:
- John E. Harmon, Sr., IOM, is the primary African American male to be appointed to Hackensack Meridian Well being’s Board of Trustees. ROI-NJ acknowledged him for his work advocating to extend equity, fairness and entry to a degree taking part in area for New Jersey’s African American residents and black-owned companies.
- Avonia Richardson-Miller, EdD, MA, CDE, is the primary African American feminine to guide the community’s Variety, Fairness & Inclusion Division. ROI-NJ acknowledged her as a distinction maker for serving to hospitals throughout the community land on the Human Equality Index (HEI) from the Human Rights Marketing campaign Basis. She was additionally applauded for launching a brand new useful resource group referred to as Aspiring Girls Leaders, which helps assist and promote ladies throughout the community.
- David Kountz, MD, MBA, FACP, is the co-chief Tutorial Officer and vice chairman, Tutorial Variety for Hackensack Meridian Faculty of Medication. Dr. Kountz additionally serves on the Nationwide Board of Medical Examiners as a member-at-large, the place he coordinates education schemes and analysis throughout the community.
- Nicole Harris-Hollingsworth, EdD, MCHES, is Vice President, Social Determinants of Well being for Hackensack Meridian Well being. Nicole is accountable for the constructing and scaling of options to handle social determinants and social well being disparities, whereas additionally creating localized community-based options for particular populations.
- Ulises Diaz is a member of the Hackensack Meridian Faculty of Medication Board and the Vice President of presidency affairs for Horizon BCBSNJ, the state’s largest insurer.
- Nadine Leslie is a member of the Hackensack Meridian Well being Board of Trustees and Chief Government Officer, Suez North America. ROI-NJ acknowledged her as one of many high CEOs in New Jersey and one of many few females of colour to carry the place.
In recent times, Hackensack Meridian Well being has adopted a strong and complete technique targeted on enhancing its variety and inclusion efforts, acknowledged on the 2021 Top Hospitals and Health Systems List by Variety Inc.
To see ROI-NJ’s full Influencers: Individuals of Colour 2021 Record, click on here.