APD: Watch out for actual property rip-off
The Aspen Police Division issued phrase final week that it has noticed a latest development of fraudulent reviews primarily concentrating on native actual property corporations all through the Roaring Fork Valley.
Residents are reporting threatening cellphone calls from a Lt. Mike Tracey with Pitkin County. The scammer states that Tracey at the moment has an lively warrant for his or her arrest. The scammer advises that to keep away from imprisonment the citizen should instantly pay a big advantageous.
“It is a rip-off!” the APD warned. “Don’t share private data or present the scammer with cash!”
The Aspen Police Division recommends these precautions for individuals to keep away from a rip-off:
• Register your cellphone quantity with the Nationwide Do Not Name Registry. You could register on-line or by calling 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236). Should you nonetheless obtain telemarketing calls after registering, there’s a great likelihood that the calls are scams.
• Be leery of callers claiming that you just’ve gained a prize or trip package deal.
• Grasp up on suspicious cellphone calls.
• Be cautious of caller ID. Scammers can change the cellphone quantity that exhibits up in your caller ID display. That is referred to as “spoofing.”
• Independently analysis enterprise alternatives, charities, or journey packages that the caller presents.
The APD warns to additionally keep away from doing the next:
• Don’t give in to strain to take rapid motion.
• Don’t say something if a caller begins the decision asking, “Are you able to hear me?” It is a widespread tactic for scammers to report you saying “sure.” Scammers report your “sure” response and use it as proof that you just agreed to a purchase order or bank card cost.
• Don’t present your bank card quantity, checking account data, or different private data to a caller.
• Don’t ship cash if a caller tells you to wire cash or pay with a pay as you go debit card.
Extra particulars can be found by calling the APD at 970-920-5400.
Aspen Meadows Resort has named Frank Kastelz common supervisor.
Kastelz has greater than 20 years of expertise within the hospitality business in a range of specialised experience from visitor relations to operations and finance. He most not too long ago served as interim common supervisor within the spring following the retirement of Jud Hawk.
“I had zero intentions of shifting to Aspen after I took this momentary position, however I quickly grew connected to the wonderful staff and to the potential of this particular property,” Kastelz stated. “As we navigate the continued impacts of COVID-19 and begin to redefine who we’re as a model and a vacation spot, my plan is to guide with empathy. If the pandemic has taught us something, it’s that we have to maintain one another and embrace energy in unity.”
Beforehand, Kastelz was lodge supervisor for The Tremont Home, a Wyndham Grand Lodge in Galveston, Texas, in addition to the complicated director of meals and beverage for 3 Wyndham accommodations together with the enduring Lodge Galvez & Spa, a Wyndham Grand lodge. He has labored with quite a lot of Wyndham model properties in roles similar to common supervisor on the Wyndham Santa Monica On the Pier, in addition to director of operations of the Wyndham San Diego Bayside.
ACRA lands accolades
The Aspen Chamber Resort Affiliation (ACRA) was awarded two Locations Council Future Awards for the classes of “Vacation spot Web site” and “The Street Much less Traveled” on the ESTO (Academic Seminar for Tourism Organizations) convention held Aug.15-17.
ACRA Senior Advertising and marketing Supervisor Jessica Hite accepted the awards on the convention.
The Future Awards acknowledge U.S. Journey vacation spot members for excellence and artistic accomplishment in vacation spot advertising and marketing and promotion on the native and regional stage; and foster the event of imaginative and modern vacation spot advertising and marketing promotion applications and actions. The awards have been open to all DMOs or CVBs which might be members of the U.S. Journey Affiliation.
“We’re thrilled to have gained each of those awards, but it surely’s particularly gratifying to be acknowledged for one in all our vacation spot advertising and marketing initiatives, selling accountable tourism,” stated Eliza Voss, vp of promoting for ACRA.
Enterprise bulletins, ideas and story concepts may be despatched to Rick Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.